Grande Prairie, AB – Spirit River Regional Academy (SRRA) will host a modified outdoor graduation ceremony on Friday, June 19, beginning at 10:00 a.m. The event will include scheduled opportunities for school staff and family members to celebrate individual graduates as they receive their diploma and pose for photos outside the school, while adhering to the current physical distancing guidelines.
Event plan outline:
- Week of June 8: The school will email each graduate's family a time to arrive at the school on graduation day, Friday, June 19. Appointments will be in alphabetical order by surname.
- Friday, June 19:
- The main outdoor ceremony area will be set up on the south side of the school.
- Graduates are welcome to wear formal attire. There will be no graduation gowns this year.
- One vehicle per graduate (graduate and household family members) may park in the school's staff parking lot at their designated time.
- A maximum of 10 additional family members may park along the east side of 46th Street and walk in to the ceremony.
- There will be a designated area for family members to stand and watch the ceremony.
- The graduate will walk up to a decorated area with a table where their diploma, graduation cap and tassel, and other keepsake items will be waiting. A professional photographer will capture the graduate's photo with Principal Dawne Kurtz-McNaught, while maintaining physical distancing. Family members are also welcome to take photos. School staff will contact the graduate's family when the professional photos are ready for pick-up at the school.
- The graduate and family members should return to their vehicle and proceed around the front of the school where there will be multiple locations for additional personal photo opportunities.
Photo: Spirit River Regional Academy will recognize individual members of the Class of 2020 in an outdoor ceremony on the school grounds on Friday, June 19, beginning at 10:00 a.m.