During the period of home learning, LaGlace School teachers have been assigned a group of school families to touch base with by telephone on Tuesdays. Principal Heidi Hargreaves says, "We created Family Coordinators with a goal to enhance communication, to ensure we are providing necessary supports for home learning."
Here's a look at other ways the school is meeting home learning needs:
- Online speech sessions: Vera Nickel is continuing individualized programming through online speech sessions, meeting with students via Google Meet. (bottom right)
- Google Class: Mrs. Pol has set up a Google Class, supplemented with math tutorial videos to support students with Key Math intervention programming.
- Google Meet: Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Pol used Google Meet with Paizley, a Kindergarten student, to share her "show and tell." (middle left, bottom left)
- Remembering the special things: Mrs. Browne and her family are doing drive by "Happy Birthday" shout outs to kids in the area. (top right)
- Video recordings: Parents are enjoying the school's unique online learning experience. Students in Mrs. Moodie's Science 7-9 class can submit video recordings of their experiments and projects.
- Video and photo sharing: Mrs. Eady and Mrs. Torgerson are continuing connection building by sharing videos and photos with the students, such as this St. Patrick's Day-themed photo. (top left)