PWPSD has launched its 7th annual Christmas Card Art Contest. Each year, the school division rotates the contest through grade divisions (Division 1: Grades 1-3; Division 2: Grades 4-6; Division 3: Grades 7-9; and Division 4: Grades 10-12). The 2020 Christmas Card Art Contest will be open to Grades 7-9 students enrolled at PWPSD schools. Contest rules and a printable PDF of the poster are included below.
- Theme: “The best thing about Christmas is…”
- Open to: Must be a Grades 7-9 student enrolled at a PWPSD school.
- Can be completed outside of school hours, but must be submitted to Central Office by the teacher via the PWPSD internal courier.
Artwork size: A full flat sheet of 8.5” x 11” plain white paper (letter-size paper). The artwork must be in colour (no pencil drawings) and should fill the page. Do not fold the page to create a card. Do not include words or titles. Artwork will be scanned and applied digitally to a card layout.
On the back of the artwork, students should print their first and last names, grade, teacher's name and school name.
- Deadline: Submit artwork to your teacher by Friday, November 27, 2020.
- Prize: A $100 pizza party for the winner’s class and an individual prize bag for the winner.
- Winner: The winner will be announced during the first week of December.
- Send to: Artwork submissions will be gathered by classroom teachers and placed in a large envelope, without folding or creasing, labeled “Central Office Art Contest, c/o Angela Sears.” Envelopes will be collected from school offices by the internal courier pick-up on Monday/Tuesday, Nov. 30/Dec. 1. (Pick-up day varies by school - teachers should check with the school's administrative assistant.)