This is our fourth update to families. Earlier this week, the Government of Alberta announced that students across Alberta will return to classrooms for the 2020-21 school year under Scenario 1: In-class learning with enhanced health and safety measures.
The following documents, published by the Government of Alberta, include highlights from the announcement.
For more details, visit http://www.alberta.ca/returntoschool.
The PWPSD School Re-entry Committee is continuing its planning work during the summer months and we will continue to provide regular updates throughout the month of August.
Schedule of PWPSD School Re-entry Planning Updates to Families:
- Update #1, June 8, 2020: Launch of PWPSD's School Re-entry Planning process and survey.
- Update #2, end of June 2020: We reported on the PWPSD School Re-Entry Survey, and provided a screening tool and answers to your questions.
- Update #3, mid-July 2020: Recommended hand hygiene and enhanced cleaning measures.
- Update #4, end of July 2020: This is your current update, to provide final direction from Alberta Education – Scenario 1: In-class learning with enhanced health and safety measures.
- Update #5, early August 2020
- Update #6, mid-August 2020: This update will include our finalized school operations plans for the 2020-21 school year, including transportation plans.