Grande Prairie, AB – Peace Wapiti Public School Division (PWPSD) is taking the following precautionary measures, effective immediately, Wednesday, March 18, in response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak. Due to the uncertainty of the situation, future releases of new information may contradict today's announcement.
- All PWPSD schools, offices and shops will be locking exterior doors, effective immediately. During regular working hours, delivery drivers should ring the doorbell or knock for service and adhere to social distancing recommendations during the transaction.
- PWPSD facilities continue to be staffed.
- If staff or students have recently returned from travel outside Canada or have symptoms of COVID-19 – cough, fever, fatigue and difficulty breathing:
- Increased cleaning at PWPSD Central Office: A daily disinfection of hard surfaces and washrooms has been added to the regular daily evening cleaning.
- Ongoing COVID-19 updates from PWPSD will continue to be released to staff, families and the media during the indefinite closure. Please bookmark the PWPSD COVID-19 webpage and check it regularly for new information: www.pwpsd.ca/pages/covid.aspx.
Learning resources, tools to support PWPSD families
Anticipating the possible cancellation of classes, PWPSD's curriculum and e-learning staff took proactive steps toward coordinating learning assistance for families. Grade-specific online learning resources and tools were rolled out to schools today, part of the ongoing support of student learning during the indefinite cancellation.
Schools will be contacting families to provide instructions for accessing the resources and tools.
The team will continue to provide learning assistance continuity. The team expects schools will also be able to connect with students through various online platforms.