|Beaverlodge Elementary School||Monday - Friday, January 21-25||This year's theme is "Find Your Treasure…in books." Daily activities will include a book swap, creating personalized pirate name bookmarks, paired reading in the gym with popcorn, literacy scavenger hunt for chocolate gold coins, and morning nursery rhymes read by the Principal.|
|Clairmont Community School||Monday - Friday, January 21-25|
Students and staff are looking forward to a week of fun and engaging events:
- Monday: Camp Read opens in the library and runs all week (pictured).
- Tuesday: Writing 'Mad Libs' in class.
- Wednesday: Teacher Swap. Teachers will switch classes to read their favourite story.
- Thursday: School-wide Pajama Day and reading in the gym with reading buddies.
- Friday: Books and Bannock.
- Daily: School-wide "Read the Halls" – silent reading during last period until 3:00 p.m. S'mores will be delivered by members of the student leadership team and student council.
|Harry Balfour School ||Tuesday - Thursday, |
- Tuesday: Green Eggs and Ham at the canteen. Dress as Your Favourite Literary Character Day.
- Thursday: Celebrity Reader Day. Special guests will visit HBS to read their favourite books.
- Friday: Annual book swap, organized and run by parent volunteers. An opportunity for students to swap gently used books.
|LaGlace School||Friday, January 25||Students and staff can dress as their favourite Robert Munsch character. The author's stories will be shared in a cross-grade setting with younger students reading to older students and vice versa.|
|R. W. Zahara Public School||Friday, February 1||The school will host a combined Family Literacy and World Read-Aloud Day on Friday, Feb. 1, with a family lunch during 12:15 p.m. - 12:55 p.m. and shared reading aloud throughout the school. |
|Rycroft School||Friday, January 25||Students can trade used books during a book swap event. Cross-graded groups will write and illustrate a book. |
|New: Wembley Elementary School||Monday - Friday, January 21-25||Students will enjoy a week of mystery guest readers, a reading tent in the foyer, book swaps, contests to win literacy prize packs, and Principal reading times. |
Friday: Dress Up As Your Favourite Book Character
|Whispering Ridge Community School|
Monday - Thursday,
Scholastic Book Fair will be held on January 28-31, in addition to the following daily events:
Monday - Wednesday: Bookmark design competition between K - Gr. 2, Gr. 3-5, and Gr. 6-8. Winning bookmarks will be professionally printed and available in the library at a later date.
Monday - Thursday: Mystery Announcer and Collage of Characters. The WRCS Pride Council will create a large Where's Waldo-style book cover collage filled with pictures of well-known characters submitted by each class. Classes can have fun trying to find as many characters as possible.
Tuesday: Book fair continues with a late night shop for families, open 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Thursday: WRCS Pride assembly with literacy activities. Bookmark winners will be announced.
|Woking School||Monday - Friday, January 21-25|
Daily: Silent and shared reading in the hallway for 15 minutes.
Friday morning: Cross-graded literacy activities in classrooms.
Friday afternoon: Activity centres throughout the school, including baking, karaoke, and board games.