"The best thing about Christmas is..." is the theme of PWSD's 2017 Christmas card art contest – open to PWSD students in Grades 10-12. Each year, PWSD cycles the contest by grade division.
Students must submit their artwork to their classroom teacher on or before Friday, November 17. Artwork can be completed outside of school hours, but must be submitted to Central Office by the classroom teacher.
- Must be student of a Peace Wapiti Public School, enroled in Grades 10-12
- Artwork theme: "The best thing about Christmas is…"
- Artwork size: 8.5" x 11" white paper (standard letter-size paper). Your drawing should fill the page. Do not fold the page or create a card. Your drawing will be scanned and reduced to fit a digital card layout.
- Artwork must be in colour (no pencil drawings)
- Do not include words or titles on the artwork.
- The back of the artwork must include the following information: Student's first and last names, grade, teacher's name, school name.
Submit artwork to the teacher by Friday, November 17, 2017.
A $100 pizza party for the winner's class. The winner will be announced during the first week of December.
Download the official contest poster.
Artwork submissions will be gathered by classroom teachers and placed in a large envelope, without folding or creasing, and labeled: "Central Office Art Contest, c/o Angela Sears." Envelopes will be collected from school offices by the internal courier pick-up occurring the week of November 20.