In response to a petition, Peace Wapiti Public School Division will host a public meeting. The School Act (sections 263- 265, 269-270) explains the process for petitions and public meetings.
Date: Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Time: 6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. – Registration to obtain ballots
All attendees who intend to participate in voting processes will need to show proof that they are a Peace Wapiti Public School Division elector. See additional information provided below.
7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. – Meeting
Place: Sexsmith Secondary School gymnasium, 9401 - 99 Avenue, Sexsmith, AB
Purpose: The purpose of the meeting is to consider, discuss and formulate a committee to draft the school district's safe learning environment policy.
At the meeting:
- A committee of up to four people may be established.
- Resolutions can be made identifying areas of concern to be studied by the committee. These concerns must be related to the purpose stated in the petition.
All attendees who intend to participate in the voting process, including resolutions and committee selection, should:
- arrive between 6:15 p.m. and 6:45 p.m. to register.
- be prepared to show proof that they are a Peace Wapiti Public School Division elector (photo ID, proof of residence and age). A Peace Wapiti Public School Division elector must be 18 years of age or older, a public school supporter, and live within the boundaries of the Peace Wapiti Public School Division.
- review the Voter Identification Requirements for a complete list of approved identification and frequently asked questions, as outlined on the Alberta Municipal Affairs website, http://www.municipalaffairs.gov.ab.ca.
- sign the Statement of Elector Eligibility form - click here to view a sample version. Please do not print and complete the sample – the official Statement of Elector Eligibility form will be provided at the meeting.
Updated: September 16, 2016.
Video of the Public Meeting held at Sexsmith Secondary School on September 13, 2016.
Minutes from the Public Meeting held at Sexsmith Secondary School on September 13, 2016.
Updated: November 1, 2016
Committe recommendations, as presented at the Board Meeting on October 27, 2016.