Non Certificated Classroom Supervisors
January 13, 2020
Peace Wapiti Public School Division provides service to approximately 6,000 students in
Kindergarten through Grade 12 in 34 schools, and is one of the largest employers in the Grande
Prairie/Spirit River region.
Non Certificated Classroom Supervisors
Silver Valley, Alberta
ECS to Grade 12
Savanna School is seeking Non-Certificated Classroom Supervisors to supervise students as they complete teacher prepared lesson plans when certificated teachers and substitute teachers are not available. This is a casual day-to-day assignment for emergent situations only. Individuals will be contacted to supervise in a classroom for a half or a full day.
Individuals must have a combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position. The qualifications for Non-Certificated Classroom Supervisors are outlined below:
- a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university; or
- Post-Secondary Diplomas, Certificates; or completion of at least one year in a recognized education program from a recognized college or post secondary institution; or
- a High School Diploma and have been recommended by a school or District administrator; or
- employed by PWPSD as a casual support staff replacement employee or a current support staff employee, and have been recommended by a school or District administrator.
The duties of a Non-Certificated Classroom Supervisor are as follows:
- Report to the school office upon arrival
- Check the medical alert list
- Report to the school office before leaving at the end of the day and complete the Noncertificated Classroom Supervisor Form
- Suitably record student attendance
- Complete morning, noon-hour, and after school supervision assigned to the teacher that day under supervision of a School Administrator that day
- Present the lesson prepared by the classroom teacher (Non-Certificated Classroom Supervisors do not assess or plan lessons)
- Leave a written statement of work completed
- Seek assistance/advice from the School Administrator(s) before taking disciplinary action that impacts classroom involvement or requires parent follow-up
- The Principal has the discretion to allow the individual to leave once his/her duties are complete
- Assume other duties as assigned by the School Administrator or designate
Rate of pay is $162 per day or $81 per half day.
To express your interest in this role, click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to email your cover letter
and resume, including three references. PDF format is preferred.
Alternatively, you may mail your cover letter and resume, including three references to:
c/o Peace Wapiti Public School Division
8611A – 108 Street, Grande Prairie AB T8V 4C5
For further information contact Kellie Lewis, Acting Director of Human Resources at (780) 532-8133.
Eligible employees may qualify for a comprehensive benefit package designed to enhance your work and family life; including Life, Disability, Dental, Health and Vision Benefits, and a Registered Pension plan.
A current criminal records check is a requirement of employment. Only those candidates selected for
an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Peace Wapiti Public School Division reserves the right to check internal and external
references prior to an interview. By applying for a position with Peace Wapiti Public School Division,
you are authorizing school division officials to contact individuals listed as references, or other individuals/organizations,
regarding employment-related and/or professional information for the purpose of determining suitability,
eligibility and qualifications for employment.
* If you experience issues with the Apply Now button, please email your resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com. Please include the competition number and job title in the subject line of your email.