Qualification of Candidates
A person may be nominated as a candidate if, on nomination day, the person:
- is eligible to vote in the election;
- has been a resident of the local jurisdiction and the ward for the six consecutive months immediately preceding nomination day, and;
- is not otherwise ineligible or disqualified.
Note: these are general guidelines, candidates should refer to the Local Authorities Election Act and the School Act for complete information. These Acts are available on the Alberta Queen's Printer website.
Takes place only on Monday, September 18, 2017. Completed nomination papers must be received between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at either of the following Peace Wapiti School Division locations:
- Central Office, 8611A - 108th Street, Grande Prairie
- Sub Office, 4201 - 50th Street, Spirit River
Monday, October 16, 2017
Polling stations will be announced.
Peace Wapiti School Division is divided into nine electoral wards or boundaries. Each ward has a school trustee that has been elected by the citizens within the boundaries of that ward. In 2017, the Board approved a bylaw to redefine the boundaries that were impacted by annexation.
Candidates are invited to run in the following areas:
- WARD 1 Eaglesham, Woking & Rycroft
- WARD 2 Bonanza, Savanna & Spirit River
- WARD 3 Beaverlodge & Elmworth
- WARD 4 Hythe & LaGlace
- WARD 5 Grande Prairie West & Wembley
- WARD 6 Sexsmith & Teepee Creek
- WARD 7 Grande Prairie East & Grovedale
- WARD 8 Ridgevalley
- WARD 9 Clairmont & Bezanson