First elected as Trustee:
2007 Years served:
12, including as Vice-Chair during 2010-2011 Career:
In addition to serving on the PWPSD Board, Trustee Anderson has also served in the provincial sector. She is Zone 1 Chair of the Alberta School Board's Association (ASBA); served as an ASBA Director for three years; co-chaired the ASBA First Nation Métis Inuit Education Partners Task Force for five years; and was a member of the Transportation Task Force reviewing school boards' transportation concerns. She has served with non-profit societies and assisted non-profit groups in developing bylaws, charitable purposes, governing documents and reporting.
She is passionate about music and has taught lessons to children and adults for more than 40 years. She continues to teach private piano, guitar, and vocal lessons in her community, as well as writing and performing her own music when the opportunity arises.
Diploma and Internship in Theology, Counseling, Music and Choral Direction
Trustee Anderson has been married to her husband, Floyd, for 41 years and together they have three grown sons who are graduates of Savanna School. She also enjoys spending time with her eight grandchildren. Volunteering in her school and community brings her great satisfaction. Her passion for education was evident during the 20 years she served as school council chair at two schools located in Northern and Central Alberta. As a wife of a pastor and farmer, she counts herself privileged to stand with her community in the best and hardest of times. A believer that children benefit greatly from a strong and caring community, she enjoys interacting with students at community, school and church events.
"As adult leaders, we need to be a strong voice for all children – celebrating the uniqueness of each student, giving them opportunities to thrive, while making sure the door is wide open for their dreams to come true."
- Alberta School Boards' Association (ASBA) Transportation Task Force (Chair)
- ASBA Zone 1 Representative
- ASBA Zone 1 Chair and Vice Chair
- Child Development Facilities (Ad Hoc)
- Communications and Promotions
- Grant Notley Scholarship Representative
- Leadership Standards Review (Ad Hoc)
- Northern Facilities Enhancement (Ad Hoc)
- Policy Review (including as Chair in 2014-2015)
- Political Action
- Rycroft Shop Property
- Teacher Board Liaison
- Teamsters/Board Liaison
- Transportation Appeal
- Ward Boundary Review (Ad Hoc)
- ASBA Long Service, three terms award in 2016-2017
- PSBA Long Service, eight-year term award in 2016-2017